Friday 6 July 2012

clouds, milk and bloody ducks

Firstly, I would like to apologise to my avid readers (sorry Mam!) about not blogging yesterday. In my defence, I honestly believe that if I’d documented how I was feeling yesterday the likely hood of me being sacked, arrested or dumped, or even, all three, were incredibly high.
I did run yesterday. Fifteen laps of the football field behind my house. It was nice too! Wet but nice.

My mood, however, was far from nice. In fact, I think if I could have throttled someone or something yesterday I would have.

I did however, have extra support in the form of my loyal dog, who perched herself in the patio windows to watch me run round and round and round x fifteen. Big shout out to Fizzabeth!
Now, if I’m going down the honesty route; my mood hasn’t improved at all, technically it appears to be looming longer than the bloody black clouds, but I am quickly learning to kerb my tongue and get on with it. That’s all you can do, right?

I’m not sure whether its afternoons or the weather or whether I’m, just having a bad few days but I cant wait for today to be over with.

It was a rest day today and I spent it wisely cleaning the house. I need to earn a few brownie points with Scotty Boy because the poor sod has taken the brunt of my bad ass attitude all week. Yesterday I received a text off the poor bugger saying;

I HOPE YOU DON’T FEEL THE NEED TO SHOUT AT ME TODAY XXXX

I felt bloody awful.

I laughed but I felt bad.

Anyway, last afternoon shift until I come back from sunny Mexico. Things are on the up. Fingers
crossed.

My knee has also got a lot better and i'd like to thank my butty Kyle for suggesting i drink milk after running. i'm not sure what the science is behind it but it appears to be working. And everyone could do with a bit more calcium in thier lives!

Calcium, Sunshine and happiness, i say!

I’ve got a nine miler tomorrow and I’m both excited and apprehensive. Technically it will have been the furthest I’ve run. I’m quietly confident though and I’m aiming to complete it within the two hour mark but I’m not putting any pressure on myself, not with the mood I’ve been in, I’ll end up having a breakdown of some sorts! (I’m actually imagining myself in lycra having a turn! Its not pretty imagery and I feel slightly sick.)

I’ve planned to run from the house, down the valley, all the way to Abercynon. So, if anyone’s passing that way tomorrow and see a chubby kid in shorts with a face like a slapped arse; give us a toot! But, for Christ sake don’t stop, for your own safety, don’t stop!

The weathers looking appropriately terrible for tomorrow, which is brilliant news! I’m predicting about seven miles in that I will get overtaken by another cocky beaked duck. I’m only hoping it doesn’t get too close or my freshly washed trainers will be booting the damn thing.
Well, it was short and sweet today because I’m knee deep in part two of my novel.

I’m a woman of substance, ai!  

No comments:

Post a Comment