Tuesday 17 July 2012

three miles plus piles equals poetry

Week four!
Let’s go!
I’m quite optimistic today; whether it is because I lost two pound off my fat arse or whether it’s the fact I have reluctantly decided that this rain is brilliant. Yes, you read that right; I am now a rain worshiper! It may even have something to do with the fact that everything seems to be going OK.
When I say OK, I mean, most things. I am, as they say in Ebbw Vale, poorly bard!
I have the most disgusting cold humanly possible. My throat is dry and painful, my eyes are bulging in that ‘stinking cold’ manner and to top it all off I believe I have a bout of piles! Yes, that’s right; I have a painful hoop which has caused much discomfort over the past few days.
‘Have a little look!’ I asked Scotty Boy who refused to play GP Phillips for even a nanosecond.
I was forced to give in yesterday and leave work early to go back to bed to shiver, sweat and worry about my arse.
I also got referred to as a silly see you next Tuesday on Sunday which did not do much to improve the horrible mood I was in from the epic fail on Saturday.
Anyway, week four is certainly going to be my week. I am so ready for my three miles today I’m practically whizzing off the blocks. Well, I’m definitely sneezing off the blocks!
I’ll be lapping Ponty Park today because I am way, way behind on my household chores once again.
Why is being a bloody grown up so god damn tedious?
I’m on bathroom and bedroom duties tonight and I’d like to ram a few chapters of my bestseller into place but I do get awfully sleepy after a full day’s work. (I’m saying that in my most childlike yet sweet voice ever!)
So, a three mile trek around Ponty Park in the drizzle. Got my not so waterproof running jacket (two fingers up to Nike) and my tight arse leggings so I’ll certainly look the part.
I’m not going to bang on about much more today as I’ve had two rest days with not much to report.
So, here’s to week four!  
Keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment