Sunday 8 July 2012

possibly still drunk, very possibly sore

Well to say I’m sore would be an understatement! But not sore, as in; I ran nine miles yesterday sore, no I’m absolutely fine on that front! It’s my boobs and my head I have problems with. Boobs from wearing two bras yesterday (the loyal sports bra as in the wash so I decided it would be a wise move to wear an olds sports bra and a Nike training top! I’d like to add at this point that I did gain a degree some time ago! So, on paper I’m not stupid!) For the nine miles, head; because to celebrate the nine miles I drank copious amounts of wine!

When will I learn?

That is the million dollar question?

My poor boys look like they’ve been in a round with Tyson. They are blistered, cut and bruised, which is not a good bikini look, I can tell you. (Mexico in 17 days!)

Anyway, the nine miles…it was…bloody great! It pissed down for the majority but I really did enjoy myself.

I started out on the wrong foot mind you, (no pun intended) pressing snooze on the alarm once too often! In fact, my nine o clock start turned into a half past eleven
It took me one hour and thirty five minutes to get to the Abercynon roundabout which is a very respectable time if I do say so myself.

Nine miles has been my longest run to date and I’d like to take this moment to thank the plan whole heartedly for gearing my body up for such purposes.

I limbered up in my living room giving Scotty Boy strict instructions to be at the roundabout (driving the other way to the route to the run or I’d stop him as he passed for a lift!) one hour and a half after I’d set out. He obliged and then sang, ‘We’ll meet again, don’t know where, don’t know when! I felt sick.

When I started the weather wasn’t too bad, I’ve run in worse, I’ve run in better. By the time I was half way it poured and my poor eyes took a hammering with the amount of blinking I had to participate in!

I had a little niggle in my left knee around about the eight mile mark but realized I was dragging my left foot a bit; as soon as I got my technique going again the niggle disappeared! There’s a lot to be said about that!

Scotty Boy was waiting at then end, with fizzabeth, who loved me coated in sweat and rain, and
it was a most welcome sight.

A proud fiancée!

I celebrated my run with taking my top off, right on Abercynon round about.

An even prouder fiancée!

So, that’s week two completed today, after a thirty minute walk which I’ve nearly completed. (I walked to work this morning, I’m working in Merthyr today, and I’ll be walking to the Baili after work to watch the Wimbledon final. NO WINE THOUGH!)

Week two of the twenty one week plan. Thirty four miles in and I’m feeling pretty good.
I bought new Nike trousers and a jacket yesterday so I’m quite looking forward to Tuesdays run!

I hope I we have the weather for a jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment