Monday 3 September 2012

justification...my big fat cop out!

Neglect.
When you look up the word neglect in the dictionary the description given is; TO PAY NO ATTENTION TO; DISREGARD OR SLIGHT.
Neglect should be my middle name this week, although to be fair, or to justify my laziness I have only failed to neglect my running, my diet and my blog!
My quest to write a bestseller is going remarkably well as is my wifely duties (Scotty Boy doesn’t read this!) and I’m like a demon in work at the moment. If I don’t get employee of the month there is something seriously wrong!
The running has been a no go and there is only one reason for this, or two, two bloody F’s that’s the problem. And if you’re about to judge me…run a mile in my bra before so please. I have never known pain like I have the past few days. When one removes a bra after a full day dealing with the homeless and half the skin from your tit appears in the cup, screaming is obviously expected.
I’ve had raw, open wounds on both the boys for the past week.
Life or the tits are not too peachy!
The bed sheets have been tainted by my injuries along with Scotty Boys t-shirt that I lul about in and the various bras I wear.  Not the most romantic imagery and for this I apologise whole titfully!
The diet. Where do I start with the diet? If I listed what I’ve consumed this week, I reckon I could give the holy bibles word count a run for its money. To say I’ve been badly behaved with nutrients this week would be like saying ‘I wasn’t aware there was an Olympics in London this summer!’
I can’t wait to get on the scales tomorrow!
Anyway, let me tell you about what has been going on. I went to a baby shower yesterday for my very good butty Gemma. It was interesting and that’s all I’ll say on the matter. Oh, I will add that Mammy to be is looking glorious and truly in blossom. I can’t wait to meet the baby although she is due on the exact same day of the Cardiff half. I directed a hint in the general direction of Gemma’s belly that Auntie Hannah will be a tad busy that day so if she wouldn’t mind holding on…
The bestseller (no one can accuse me of being pessimistic when it comes to my writing) is right on track. Well, at least the plot and plan have come together in my little brain and I have a protagonist called Emily who I am slightly in love with. I’ve even got a title…a normal, nice straight forward title that shouldn’t confuse or scare prospective publishers! I’m actually back to being excited about writing again. It’s just trying to fit it in with training, full time work, being number one wife and, and, and, sorting my damned body out. Yes, the time has come where I have to see the GP regarding my very strange system. I’ve been prodded, pricked and examined and that’s just by Scotty Boy! Hopefully pretty soon they’ll throw a very complicated medical term at me, prescribe some normality tablets and I can be on my way. I’ll keep you posted.
Last night, me and the husband went for a nice little walk which rounded my nice little weekend up a treat. The only problem being the nice little walk took its toll on my nice little dog and poor Fizzabth is now stiff as a…board. So, its light duties for my poor puppy for the next few days. Which brings me nicely to taking it easy! See what I did there?
I’m only kidding…sort of anyway. This week the training begins again even if I’ve got to lube the boys up so thoroughly that I’m, going through factory size pots of Vaseline. There are 5 weeks until this race.
Five! Less than six more than four!
I’m screwed.
Fundamentally screwed.
OK, now you know you’re not supposed to start anything on Mondays so this evening I will do my chores (I know, historic or what?) possibly go for a walk with the husband and then indulge in some writing. Some lovely, lovely time to make pretty things on paper.
So, wish me and my boys luck for the week ahead.
We’re going to need it and don’t forget…
‘Your bras need you!’

No comments:

Post a Comment