Thursday 4 October 2012

Guess who's back, back again?


IT’S BACK!
ITS BLOODY BACK! The running mojo, so to speak, is well and truly back.
You've all seen 8 mile, right? 
Last night I had a long hard think about what the hell I was playing at. I’ve spent the week justifying not running and basically, moaning about getting out there.
After I posted the blog yesterday I decided to get a blood grip.
Running has made me smaller, running has made me happier, running has given me healthy challenges and something to bloody do. All in all running, believe it or not, is making me a better person. Day by day, mile by mile, I am becoming more confident, more content, far more level headed (honest) and more important, I’m becoming a person I never thought I could be.
When I told a friend of mine this morning that I read four million motivational quotes and was now ready for battle, I wasn’t lying.
This evening I completed a lovely eight miles and boy oh boy did it feel good. In fact, It felt better than good it felt effin marvellous, so marvellous I was quite emotional…again!
Seriously, I’m turning into such a girl its frightening.
Anyway, let me tell you about my run. I had planned it from seven this morning. I Googled it, I AA auto routed it, I even street viewed it until I was more than happy in where the hell I was running.
I knew I wanted to do a relatively hefty mileage; after all, I’ve spent the week talking myself out of doing anything.
I wanted to run a route, no laps, a proper, quite a way route.
So, I started out from work in Pontypridd and basically did a seven mile loop landing me back in the old faithful that is, Ponty Park. Once I got to the park I had to do a little lap of it to just define my eight miles. (I don’t want to become one of those runners who run a seven and a half but tell everyone it’s at least an eight! I can lie with the best of them but I cannot lie to myself.)
I got back to the hostel, all be it red faced but completely unscathed.
I was elated I suppose. After a few days of such negativity it was nice to be back on track, back on the road, back sweating like an idiot.
Also, it was the debut of the new daps and like my confidence, boons and knees, my feet were also in pretty good shape after the EIGHT MILES!
You do understand that I ran EIGHT MILES, right?
As I've said, I got back to the hostel and I was all smiley and happy that was until I checked my phone.
Scotty Boy!
I forgot to tell Scotty Boy I wouldn't be on the sixteen twenty seven so my poor long suffering husband was waiting, like a tool, at Merthyr train station. Images of a lemon had sprung round my mind whilst I tried to text as rapidly as possible that I’d be on the next train. I added way too many kisses to feign innocence.
In my defense  on a pretty much daily basis I always let Scotty Boy know what train I’m going to be on; granted that train is usually the sixteen twenty seven but he always gets a customary text. Is it my fault he’s become to diligent?
The cock up in timings then meant I had to tackle Twyn Hill after a half hour train journey, a full day in work saving the homeless people from their sins, an eight mile run with a very heavy kit bag.
I believe the kitbag was heavy having not eaten my planned tin of soup at lunch. I mean, no one wants to carry tins of soup up Twyn hill, right? The two handbags, old trainers, boots and work outfit had nothing to do with the kit bag strap digging into my shoulder it was solely the tin of soup.
So, I’m spending the night catching up on the various administration that comes with trying to write a best seller…actually writing and watching Scotty Boy get excited over fully grown men kicking a ball round a very green pitch…TWICE! (That’s two games of the ‘beautiful game’ to me and you!)
Happy Thursday!!
PS; don't forget to sponsor us!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment