Wednesday 3 October 2012

lost and found???


I am jaded.
Well, technically I’m Hannah Phillips but I have well and truly lost my running mojo. (If I ever had one! Get out the violins!!!)
And believe me I’ve been looking for it far and wide. On Saturday I even trekked Pen-Y-Fan to try and find my bloody motivation to no avail whatsoever.
I got cold ears, stronger calf’s and a massive feeling of satisfaction but no real urge to get my trainers on!
And talking about trainers have you seen my new daps?
Pink and orange.
Need I say anymore?
Yes I do need to say some bloody more because I’ve bought new trainers, have less than two weeks for this half marathon and I’m meant to be keeping bloody audio diaries for the BBC and I no longer want to run.  
What a kerfuffle!
Anyway, let me go back a few days. I completed the thirteen miles and felt bloody epic. Better than epic I felt amazing. Thirteen miles is quite a way after all.
I let myself have a few days off to get everything rested and back on track and then I stupidly set out in one bra.
In the words of Julia Roberts; ‘Big mistake! Huge!’
The one bra jaunt only lasted two miles because my tits did not cooperate one bit, or two bits, however you want to look at it.
But later that night it wasn’t my boys that hurt, oh no, my neck, my chest (bit above the boobies) and my poor, poor shoulders were in agony and I mean agony.
And those of you shaking your head right now need to know that I have a huge pain threshold, ask my husband, he’s bent my pinky (not a metaphor, I’m talking about my little finger) back so far that he thought it would snap off before I gave in and told him to stop. I’ve also got myself into various scrapes without complaint. (The falling over the pumpkin debacle and breaking my wrist without realisation. The loosing in cards and kicking the chair breaking my toes without realising! I’m a tough little bastard.)
I tossed and turned in bed and moaned and groaned, and no I wasn’t pumping, I was in pain. Full on, horrible pain.
I will never, ever go out in one bra again.
FAILURE.
Then came the Pen-Y-Fan stroll which to be fair might as well have been a run because Scotty Boy practically frog marched me up informing me half way, as I panted and sweated in places I didn’t know existed, ‘No one can overtake us mind!’ And they bloody didn’t, even the army clad muscle machine with a back pack the size of me hanging from his rear didn’t stand a chance. I married a Gurnos boy, he has fast feet. Trained in legging it!

When Sunday rolled round I felt more than ready to tackle a four miler which I completed but didn’t enjoy. Although to be fair, I think the lack of enjoyment came from the fact there was a weird bloke in the bushes half way through.
Now, I know I have an overactive imagination, I will never try and deny that, and I know I often convince myself someone in my close proximity is a serial killer but this bloke was seriously creepy and it sort of puts you off then. Everything looks like a threat.
That was three days ago and I have since made up every excuse under the running sun not to actually run.
I did walk for an hour and a half tonight but that’s no good is it?
I need to get back on track, back in the game, back out on the bloody road.

So, tomorrow id D day and I mean that. I am taking my vast amount of kit, complete with brand spanking new tub of Vaseline (see what I did there) and I’m getting my groove back.
I also need to start getting some sponsorship…and like my groove I need it bloody fast!
So, here’s the link to my Just Giving page and feel free to donate!
Anyway, I’d like to wish my father a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and wish myself GOOD LUCK!
Keep posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment