Saturday 13 October 2012

T'was the night before...


…the bloody Cardiff half marathon! Christ on a bike where the hell has the past ten months gone?

Ten months of sweat, blisters, ups and downs. Tracks, pavements, laps and trails. Inclines, bridges and even football fields. I wonder how many miles I’ve covered in total?
I wonder how many complaints to Sports bra companies I’ve lodged? How many bras I’ve actually gone through? How many blisters I’ve popped and how many times I’ve had the word ‘tits’ shouted at me?
Bloody hell I feel rather nostalgic thinking back.
Remember that first freezing cold January night when I laced up my much neglected trainers and headed out all cloak and dagger in the dark. Remember the first time I did the sweaty star fish impression on the kitchen floor? God, I really have come quite far. Thirteen point one miles far to be precise.
So, its here. Well, it will be first thing tomorrow. The Lloyds TSB Cardiff half marathon and to be brutally honest, I’m feeling fine. Excited if anything.
Scotty Boy has just treated me to a Chinese and a chocolate cheesecake and I’m patiently sipping water before I hit the hay way too early for a Saturday night but there you go, its all for a good cause.
I’ve had an interesting week to say the least and tomorrow it will be rounded up nicely with my first half marathon and then a cast amount of alcohol in my favourite place in the world; The Baili Glas. (Feel free to buy me a beer if you’re about, I’ll have deserved it, honestly.)
Friday I did the radio interview talking about this old running malarkey and it all went very well until I actually said the words ‘camel toe’ live on air! But the less said about that the better.
Secondly, I had the most disastrous job interview in the history of job interviews so its safe to say I wont be getting that promotion in work.
Also, I’ve spent my time between two houses and three and a half dogs and a cat called PshPsh. Yes, having the parents go away just as I’m in final training preparations hasn’t been the easiest of tasks but as the saying goes; ‘it’s all sent to try us!’
Right, this Blog wouldn’t be worth anything if I didn’t spend a relatively serious moment to say to everyone, firstly; thank you for reading this little journey of mine via Keep on Running, you have boosted my self esteem more than you’ll ever know and that is indescribable. Secondly; thank you to everyone who has donated to the Baili Glas Ammeter Running Team, we will be eternally grateful for your generosity and finally; thank you to Scotty Boy who has endured the ups and downs, in’s and out’s of a chubby girl training for a half marathon; ‘Babe, I’d never have done it without you!’
So, that’s enough of that and back to the matter in hand.
Tomorrow morning!
I’ll be leaving the house just before seven to have a lift with my fellow team mates (this makes me chuckle) and then we’re heading to the city to begin the fun!
The weather for tomorrow in Cardiff has been described as ‘optimistic’ so lets hope the conditions are good.
After the deed is done and the blisters start to form I am getting smashed! Yes, steaming beaming from the roof top so don’t be surprised to wait a while for the next (possibly final) instalment of Keep On Running.
I’ll leave it there for now. I’ve still got a bit of water to drink and a few final preparations to make (that’s code for; ‘I have to shave!’) so, wish me luck and well and I’ll see you at the finishing line!

One last thing; if you fancy donating £1. Text; BGRT97£1 to 70070 because every little bit really does help.
I’ll also leave the link to the Just Giving page if you fancy donating a bit more and the link to my very comical radio interview.



KEEP ON RUNNING PEOPLE!

H xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment